Better Healthcare for Africa (BHA) is a secular, non-political, charitable organization dedicated to improving health outcomes in southern Africa by supporting health facilities and educational efforts that empower patients, caregivers and healthcare providers.
To alleviate suffering due to disease or injury by providing equipment, supplies and educational resources to medically underserved communities in southern Africa.
- To obtain and deliver equipment and supplies for St. Albert’s Mission Hospital and other healthcare facilities in Zimbabwe and southern Africa.
- To support educational initiatives for healthcare providers and communities.
- To increase awareness in the United States of healthcare needs in southern Africa.
- To partner with other organizations to maximize the aid we can provide.
- To raise funds to support these efforts.
Better Healthcare for Africa, Inc., was founded in February 2009 to assist St. Albert’s Mission Hospital, located in a remote area of northern Zimbabwe. BHA helps St. Albert’s meet equipment and supple needs and provide midwifery training. Cancer prevention and education is a major focus, and BHA assisted the hospital in developing and maintaining a cervical-cancer screening and education program. The BHA board of directors consists of six volunteers, so 95 percent of the dollars we raise support BHA activities.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org