Better Healthcare for Africa, Inc., is dedicated to assisting St. Albert’s Mission Hospital as well as others provide health care to some 120,000 underserved people living in a rural area of northern Zimbabwe. But we need your help.
Please make a secure, tax-deductible donation to BHA using PayPal or by sending a check.
Make an unrestricted donation to BHA here using PayPal
PayPal accepts all major credit cards.
To dedicate your gift to the Cervical Cancer Prevention Project and to the work of Dr. Lowell Schnipper, donate here:
Have a question about making a donation? Email Darrell Ward at email@example.com.
Donate by check
Please make checks payable to “Better Healthcare for Africa” and send them to:
Better Healthcare for Africa
P.O. Box 361132
Columbus, OH 43236-1132
Your gift will help St. Albert’s meet critical needs, which include the following:
- Purchase essential medical and rehabilitation equipment;
- Support the hospital’s cervical cancer prevention project, which has screened more than 4,000 women for precanceous changes on the cervix, identified more than 200 women with these changes and treated many of these women to prevent the development of cervical cancer, the leading cancer killer of women in Zimbabwe;
- Support the training of midwives;
- Support the home-based care program, which helps families coping with AIDS, cancer, and life-threatening illnesses;
- Support an outreach obstetrics program that helps young, abandoned pregnant women safely deliver their infants and strives to reduce suicide and infanticide;
- Help educate and feed orphans;
- Support the hospital’s agriculture project, which provides food for patients and can be a source of hospital income;
- Maintain the hospital water supply—its wells, back-up reservoir, and water purification system, which are designed to serve not just the hospital, but the mission and its elementary and secondary (boarding) schools, and, during times of drought, people in the surrounding villages—up to 10,000 people in all;
- Tools, such as welding equipment, that are critical for maintaining the hospital’s trucks, generator, water pumps, tractor and plow, grinding and milling equipment, and other essential equipment.
Other ways of helping St. Albert’s Mission Hospital
We at BHA accept donations of certain unused medical supplies and other items that are easy to ship and carry. Donated medical supplies must have at least one year remaining before expiration.
- Suture (larger sizes are needed) and burn bandages;
- Materials for hospitalized children. These include small toys that exercise the hands and fingers of children recovering from burns; picture books that feature black, multicultural or animal characters; and dolls with a black complexion.
For more information, contact BHA at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
For information about organizing a student or civic fund-raising event to raise money for Better Healthcare for Africa, or to have a speaker visit your college, university, high school, or civic organization to talk about , please send an email to email@example.com.
Become a Friend of St. Albert’s Mission Hospital
To join the Friends of St. Albert’s Mission Hospital and receive occasional news about events there, please send an email with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a request to be added as a Friend of St. Albert’s in the subject line or body of your email. We will keep your information strictly confidential. It will not be sold or used for any other purpose.