Better Healthcare for Africa (BHA) is a secular, non-political, charitable organization founded in February 2009 mainly to assist St. Albert’s Mission Hospital, located in a remote area near Centenary, Zimbabwe. BHA focuses on reducing suffering from cancer, improving maternal health and helping hospitals meet critical needs. Efforts supported by BHA include practical and effective cervical cancer screening at St. Albert’s and Karanda mission hospitals, the use of breast examination, HIV awareness, and cancer education for healthcare professionals and communities. BHA is an all-volunteer organization, so 95 percent of the dollars you donate will support our efforts.
To alleviate suffering due to disease by supporting prevention and education efforts, initiatives to improve maternal health and helping under-equipped hospitals in Zimbabwe meet urgent needs.
- To support cervical cancer prevention through cervical screening that uses visual inspection with acetic acid and cervicography (VIAC; cervicography refers to photographing the cervix for quality control)
- To promote the use of HPV vaccination and HPV screening to prevent cervical cancer.
- To promote the use of breast examination to reduce suffering from breast cancer.
- To provide cancer education for healthcare providers and communities.
- To promote awareness of HIV disease and its link to cancer and to prevent HIV infection.
- To help St. Albert’s Mission Hospital and Karanda Mission Hospitals in particular meet urgent needs.
- To raise funds to support these efforts.
Better Healthcare for Africa, Inc., was founded in February 2009 mainly to assist St. Albert’s Mission Hospital, located in a remote area near Centenary, Zimbabwe. BHA helps St. Albert’s meet critical equipment and supple needs and works to prevent cancer through support for the hospital’s cervical-cancer screening, outreach and education program. BHA also supports a similar cervical-cancer prevention program at Karanda Mission Hospital, located near Mt. Darwin, Zimbabwe. The BHA is an all-volunteer organization, so 95 percent of the dollars we raise support BHA activities.
For more information, email us at email@example.com